Thursday, February 9, 2012

it ain't easy being green

I saw a commercial the other day for Crest Whitestrips that can whiten your teeth in 2 hours.  I wanna know - what in tarnation is on those strips that can whiten the eff out of your teeth in 120 minutes?  Better yet, the women in the commercial were going on a 'road trip'.  Where exactly where they going?  Did they stop because some bloke told them they had arrived?  Confusing.

It still amazes me how people just don't get how they're slowly being poisoned day in & day out.

Yeah, I said it.

How about this candle that can change colour while it breathes phthalates in your airspace?  Reminds me of my Hypercolor t-shirt I had when I was a kid.
People, I'm on my soapbox with a mighty megaphone called the World Wide Web!  We can do so much for ourselves to be green, healthy & chemical free.  How much money would you save if you cleaned your home with vinegar (about $1 per bottle) and baking soda ($1 per box)?  Let's stop feeding the machine.

Plus, going green saves you a TON of money.  Ethan & I have saved so much $$$ making our own personal care & cleaning supplies.  Here's a link to a show I'm completely addicted to called SuperScrimpers - they've got some amazing money-saving ideas!!
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/superscrimpers-waste-not-want-not/articles/scrimping-tips-week-3