Wednesday, January 11, 2012

dawn of a new Athena

As I've said previously, 2012 is a big year; not just for me but for every single person who walks this planet.  Life as we know it will never be the same again.

Having said that, each day I surround myself with positivity.  I've lived too long shrouded in negativity.  I've been surrounded by people (family included) who think life is just one big pile of shite.  Is it really?  No - simple as that.  Life is a gift.  Life is amazing.  Life continues to take my breath away.

I'm in the process of losing weight - really truly honest-to-God losing weight.  How wicked is that?  My Twitter feed is just full of affirmations that serve to remind me that life is indeed beautiful.  One look at the news'll tell you that there's a lot of shite happening in the world - uh-huh.  The economy is in the toilet.  Swordfights are happening between countries to see who's got the biggest rod nuclear arms cache.  Plus there's just way too many ignant-ass people on this planet.

To all of this shite I say count your blessings & not your pennies.  Your worth isn't determined by the size of your rod but what you do to help yourself & others.  Take off the blinders & look around.  Learn from someone who walks a different path than you.

Speaking of which, I keep seeing bits & pieces about the GOP race in the US.  I like to call it the "ignantest-ass contest".  I just can't believe some of the utter rubbish that's been coming out of these fools' mouths - education isn't a right? Scholarships for white males only?  Food stamps to fight obesity?

Never thought I'd say this but to all you GOPites out there: y'all need Jesus.