Friday, October 10, 2008

domo arigato, благодарность and dankon to all!

Thanksgiving is finally here... a time where loved ones gather to share in the bounty that is the fall harvest and give thanks for something-or-other whilst shoveling copious amounts of fat-free turkey into their mouths.  Ah, what a glorious time of year!

Lucky Athena is heading home for some free eats, free laundry and family drama - lucky me.   I haven't been home in 6 months but there is a very good reason for that - my hometown is about as exciting as watching the Leafs attempt to make it to the playoffs.  It's the kind of place that rolls up the sidewalks in mid-afternoon and there's still some store owners who don't open on Sundays even after the government passed the Sunday-shopping law several years ago.  My only source of amusement is the local mall where I can watch my hometown's finest residents in all their glory.  Call me a Toronto snob but it's so country back there - so much that when I go home I don't really dress up because I don't want to waste good clothes.  I usually pack tracksuits, sweats and if I have to go out, a nice pair of jeans & sneaks.  

I plan to tell my folks about my pending move to La Belle Province as well.  I know they'll freak but so what?  It's my life (don't you forget....) and this is the best thing for me.

*** 
Oh yeah - I came up with a BRILLIANT plan to start my own political party.  I call it "The Singleton Party of Canada" or "Bloc célibataire du Canada".  This party will represent singletons across this great land of ours who are just tryin' to get a nut.  All the other leaders are too focused on seniors, children and families and they just announced that the feds are bailing out mortgages!  This is discrimination against singletons everywhere!  I can't get the $1200 child credit unless I claim my teddy bears.  I also can't claim fees I pay to play sports because it's only for people with kids 16 & younger.  No blanking fair.  Why won't they bail out student loans?  Isn't that why the feds took them over in 2000 because the banks were losing too much dough?  

I'm sure there'll be another election in the next year or so.  Watch for me, Athena Titanides debating with the best of them.  Vive le Bloc célibataire!!

Now I must pack to go home.  Hope I have enough clean trackies.