Sunday, January 25, 2009

illumination

I have been inspired as of late.  I watched Barack Obama's inauguration in tears but for once they were tears of joy and hope.  This man, in my eyes, represents change.  Change is here, people.  It's inevitable.  Yet I seem to have encountered those who fear change and are somewhat resistant to its possibilities.  I can't be surrounded by such things anymore.  I don't want people in my life who are going to be boo-hoohing 24/7 when there is indeed hope in this life.   If I can say that when just a few short months ago I thought there was no hope and no reason to live... it's big.  REALLY big.

Christiane's boyfriend has also inspired me to keep up this blog.  He's got 2 of them - one in English and one in French.  One day I'll do this in French but for now, I'll just express myself in my native tongue.  Life is still life and I still want to tell it from my point of view.

Nice to know I have a life here now.  I love this town and I'm going to make this place my home.  All are welcome to come along for the ride but if you have better meat elsewhere, then leave me in peace to live my new found life.