Wednesday, January 28, 2009

last night...

... I had a dream.  I found myself with Ryan Christopher, the unrequited love of my life at the ripe old age of 12 years.  I haven't seen his face for almost 20 years but somehow in my dream I aged him perfectly.  He still looked the same except, well, older.

So there he is - Ryan Christopher in all his glory - telling me he's thought about me for the last 20 years and would we wanna be startin' something (yeah, yeah) up now?  That's when I woke to the sound of my alarm telling me to get my backside out of bed and get ready for work.

This isn't the first time I've had a dream about an unrequited love from my formative years.  Not too long ago I had one about James Hullin - the unrequited love of my life at age 14.  He too wanted to take me back and start over.

Is it the snow that's causing my mind to think of such random people?  I haven't stayed in touch with any of these people since I left my hometown.  Would they really be thinking about me?  Or is it a case of brain freeze (it's f-ing cold in this town!)?

Either way, I need a good stimulus package... economic, that is.