Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I feel sick

Sometime on Sunday I felt a tickle in my throat, more like a burning sensation. Drinking water seemed to calm it down so I didn't think anything of it. Ethan came by on Monday evening and that's when the tickle became a searing pain and it hurt to cough.

Yesterday I must've drank about 8 litres of water because it was all I had to cure myself. Today is another story - the searing pain in my throat has moved to my head, I've got chills, body aches and a runny nose. I know you're thinking SWINE FLU!!!! and yes, that thought has crossed my mind as well. I haven't had the flu since 1998. Bugger it all.

Bree says it could be brought on by stress. She's probably right as these last few weeks I've been freaking out over bills and money. I can't live on Steve-H's guvment cheese for much longer. I had an interview last week and I have yet to hear about the results. Sure as hell I'm not calling them as I've lost my voice entirely so I'm going to send an email on Friday if I haven't heard anything by then. It's funny how I had a feeling about this job opportunity yet now my sneaky feelings are being smothered by other people's germs. Ick.

This is going to sound silly but I wish I had someone to take care of me... you know, bring me soup, orange juice, real apple juice & KFC... That could be Ethan's role yet I've only known him for a few weeks and I don't expect him to do that for me at this stage in the game. It'll take me that much longer to get well since everyone's doing their thing and I'm only afterthought Athena.
So let me set the record straight. Just when you think that Athena is caught up in her own life, she's not. She's sitting at home, day after day hoping her situation is going to change. She survives on a pittance every so often from our elected officials. She gets 1 call per day to see if she's still kicking (if she's lucky). Calls to her friends go unanswered for days as they, unlike Athena, have found better meat elsewhere.

Now I must go and rub Vicks on myself and hope to all hell that things change... soon and for the better.