Friday, July 10, 2009

it's Friday

Didja miss me? Ha ha. I've been looking for jobs like mad lately. All that energy I used to look for a date I'm now using to find myself gainful employment. I just got tired of looking through the same slew of hapless guys in hopes of finding one that was somewhat viable. Just when I was about to throw in the proverbial towel, along comes Ethan Thornton-Harrison III.

I really don't want to say much about Ethan at this point so I don't jinx anything but I'll say this - Ethan is a breath of fresh air. So far we've had a great time together. And that's all I have to say about that - at least until things are a bit further down the road, you know? Let's move on.

The Michael Jackson memorial was on this week. I enjoyed it a lot yet I still feel a pang of sadness. An icon that helped define my childhood is now gone. If I haven't said it before, I'll say it again - life is short. Life can end in a flash. Do I want to sit around and do nothing and feel miserable? Hell, no. I want to have a full life. Never thought I would actually say this but I want to work... mostly to have something to do during the day as I'm feeling more & more haunted as the days go on.

For some reason, I'm not so sure about teaching English. I mainly wanted to do it so I could get outta dodge and head to sunny Spain. I still want to go to Spain one day soon yet these days I'm thinking I could make a go of it here in Montreal. I moved here to have a better quality of life so why would I bail out now? Despite the fact that I feel like an immigrant sometimes, I'm determined to find something that I'll enjoy doing. Maybe I'll even find something that incorporates the teaching aspect and helping others. I've got a sneaky feeling about one such opportunity.

I guess it's just a matter of time before something comes to light. I've got the Law of Averages working for me this time around!