Monday, October 26, 2009

shop shop shop

You ain't gonna believe this! Last week I'm in the mall spending my hard-earned dole and I happened upon a contest to win a $1000 mall gift card.

I ACTUALLY WON!!!! NO FOOLIN'!!!

I nearly busted poor Ethan's eardrums when I told him the news. He's really happy for me- more so because he feels I needed some good news. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up the card and do a bit of me shopping then I'm going to buy some stuff for Ethan later on in the week. Love how he's all like "I can only shop for 30 minutes but I want to get 2 dress shirts and 2 pairs of dress pants." Uh-huh. If there are any men who can debunk this, I'd love to know.

We had a good chat on the weekend about fear and the excess amounts I feel every day. It's like this - I fear moving on from HR. I thought that's what I was supposed to do on this earth yet I think the universe has other plans for me since I've run into all kinds of foolishness with my CHRP designation. Now I'm seriously considering scrapping the four letters altogether to move onto something else. I do embrace change yet I have a hard time letting go of HR. I feel like it'll all have been for naught, you know? I did learn some very important lessons during that time... Christiane says it's OK to close that chapter of my life and move on to something else.

But what? is the $64,000 question.

According to this test thingy on oprah.com, I'm a creator and an influencer. I do enjoy creating things and coming up with new ideas. I used to write a ton of poetry in my messed-up-head days but I put that aside for some unknown reason. Nowadays this blog is where I can be really creative.

(I've been clicking back & forth to the mall website to see what I can see. I'm so excited!!!)

Why do I have all this fear? I am the only one preventing me from moving forward. That's why I came here in the first place - to move forward.

Tomorrow I shop. Woot, woot, woot, woot!!