Thursday, July 28, 2011

standard of Athena

In my last post, I wrote about an opportunity that has presented itself to me.  Without divulging too much information, I have begun work on it.  Yet, I have to wonder why I'm doing it.  To answer my own question, I believe I've had this need my whole life to prove myself - prove I'm not thick or a failure.  Maybe there's this standard of Athena that I feel like I'm not living up to.

Sometimes I do feel like I haven't accomplished anything in my life.  I went to school, had a string of useless jobs and now here I am.  Perhaps I need to prove to myself first & foremost that I'm not just anyone.  I can do things.  I learn quickly.  Plus I need to throw myself headfirst into something... not just anything but something I can put my name on.

Plus there's the money issue.  I know if I want my dreams to come true I have the power to make it happen.  Daunting, isn't it? I am fearful of the possibilities and outcomes.  I admit I fear the unknown.  What if I fail again?  It could very well be that I won't.  Down with complacency!

Athena can do anything.  Athena just needs to keep telling herself that.