Tuesday, November 22, 2011

links, blogs & more

I spent some time earlier today on LinkedIn - a rather poncy version of Facebook.  LinkedIn is supposed to be for professionals to connect with other professionals wanting a piece of the 1%'s pie.  I'm not sure why I'm on it, to be honest.  I'm so not the corporate type.  In fact, I don't know why I'm on it.  I've made great connections without it... maybe it serves its purpose for others - just not me.

Just saw an ad for Netflix.  Why pay $8 per month when you can get whatever you want for free on the Internet?   Just sayin'.

I've also been cruisin' the blog scene.  I consider myself a blogger - perhaps more of the non-profit variety.  Didn't know that bloggers charge $$$ to promote stuff on their blogs...?  I need to get on that gravy train! Then again, my blog isn't exactly mainstream.  I have no idea if anyone is even reading this blog.  I've got  less than 10 followers on Twitter.  Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I even want to go mainstream.

Speaking of Twitter, I got a retweet from Michael Phelps last week.  Yup - the Olympic gold medallist himself!  For those who haven't heard, Michael Phelps is the new face of Head & Shoulders.  As you all know, I'm an eco-warrior.  I don't believe in crap products peddled by multinationals.  So as you can imagine, I was surprised to see Mikey was even paying attention!  Please don't sue me.  As the leader of the #BrokeFolks revolution, I got nothin'.