Sunday, May 8, 2011

walking on - Athena style

What a lovely Mother's Day.  The sun is shining, the sky is blue and I've just completed day 1 of my new Walk for Wellness program.  It's pretty simple - I walk outside for 20+ minutes 3-4x/wk.  Just my iPod and myself al fresco.  I wanted to change up my workout program and do something a bit more holistic... meaning I can be alone with my thoughts if I choose to.

Let's talk about Ruth Ellen Brosseau, the NDP's new 'it girl'.  We all know the story - she was in Vegas during the election (to me this means Stevie H could've gone to the Royal Wedding), she barely speaks French and she's been keeping a low profile this whole time.  Yet the people of Berthier-Maskinonge voted overwhelmingly for this woman to represent them in the House of Parliament.  Call me crazy but doesn't it seem odd to vote for someone you've never met and didn't do any campaigning?  Did these voters know who Ms. Brosseau was or what she stood for?  I maintain to this day she was elected in order to give a seat to the NDP in Quebec despite her candidacy.  

Ruthie, if you're out there, spare yourself any further grief and just show your face.  Stand up to the naysayers and prove that you will do what it takes to be the MP for Berthier-Maskinonge.  If you're not up to the task, then for goodness sake just say so and be done with it so we can all put this behind us and proceed to the inevitable task of having Stevie H as our Prime Minister (dammit).