Wednesday, March 25, 2009

fiddlesticks

I got a call today from a headhunter that I met last week at a job fair.  They asked the standard questions - what are you looking for, what salary are you expecting, etc.  I'm confident I scared them off because I told them what my salary range was and she was speaking so fast that I couldn't understand.  Blast!  I felt sad after I hung up the phone and I'm not sure why.  This headhunter had a few jobs posted that I could do however they seemed a bit junior for me.  

Truth be told in my state of mind right now I don't know how I could perform in the corporate world.  There's something else I need to experience and learn before I go back out there.  Athena is a person with depth and feeling - two things which are not needed in the workplace.  My field is heartless and unyielding.  It looks to protect paper profits.  It works in the best interest of only a selected few.  People are a commodity - a cost, an asset... ultimately expendable.  Never mind the toilet-like state of the economy and people applying for government cheese at an all-time high (I myself am one of those people) - to watch those privileged few prosper of the backs of the masses irks me. 

So did I apply?  Curiously, yes.  I sent my CV a few minutes ago.  I gotta consider all avenues if Steve's cheddar doesn't pan out.  If it does, I will sit on it until it runs out.  Why not?  This process of self-actualization isn't over for me yet.  I was meant to be in this place for a reason.  I needed time to really look inside my self to find out where I am going.  Since I stopped living my life for others I've made progress.  

Now this is trippy - I just glanced out the window and there was a guy walking past with two backpacks - the kind you take on a backpacking trip.  Was that a sign to say this journey is not over?  I believe so.  Sometimes I find myself not fully enjoying this process... like I want it to hurry up and finish so I can move on to something else.  I need to enjoy every moment.  I need to stop worrying about the future and concentrate on the present moment.  

Having said that, I'll no longer tell people that I don't know what to do with my life.  I know.  I've always known.  I'm doing it right now.  Writing.  Expressing thoughts to the world.  I want to be an artist who uses words as her medium.  Athena Titanides ain't no fool.  

Here's the fun part - financing the dream.