Monday, June 15, 2009

my predilections

I don't even know where to start.

First & foremost my fishing expeditions are getting to be quite interesting. Moira & I have a challenge going to see who can get the most dates. So far we're tied at 3! Last night I got stood up by a bloke named Nathan. We got on great over the phone yet his looks were certainly not up to par. Oh well. Guess I just wasn't that into him anyway.

Then there's Jean-Marc. I can't really put that date into words just yet as it still seems surreal. I'll say this much - he's an incredible catch that I wish I could take home and show the world. I have a feeling the adventures of Athena & Jean-Marc are long from over.

I've also been emailing this lad named Charles for at least a week now. I do like Charles a lot yet I know there's no way he's in the mindset for a relationship right now as he's in the midst of changing careers. According to Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, if a guy doesn't have his career together he feels like he's discombobulated.

Earlier this morning I felt so fired up! I've got an interview with Big Top Talent tomorrow morning and I know I'm going to rock the house. So what if it's all in French. They would be a fool not to hire me as I believe in myself. I know it's not teaching English yet I still haven't lost sight of that goal. I'm also thinking of teaching adult education; specifically adult literacy. Wouldn't that be just so intrinsically rewarding? Intrinstic rewards are more important to me than monetary rewards. It's not like I don't want to earn what I'm worth yet I'd rather feel good about a job well done. Money will always come in time.

Now more than ever I have to stay true to the things I want. I'll never settle for second best in any aspect of this life. Finally I know what I'm looking for in a career and in a mate. Ain't no stopping Athena now!

p.s. I had a dream two nights ago that I was dressed head to toe in white gossamer walking on water. Guess it was because Jean-Marc called me a goddess and an oracle. That is I - Athena, goddess of wisdom, heroic endeavours and war. Booyah.