Thursday, June 25, 2009

where were you when...

Michael Jackson is dead. Long live the King of Pop.

I'll always remember where I was when I heard the news - I was on the phone and I happened to glance at Facebook and people were posting comments about his death... so I turned on CBC Newsworld and then it was confirmed - Michael Jackson had died of cardiac arrest.

Sure, it's a shock. I'm actually really moved by this. Sure, he had issues. Who doesn't these days? How ironic is it that in times like this my thoughts always come back to the same thing - life is short. You honestly never know when your time is up.

Suddenly my problems don't seem to matter anymore. I am struggling at the moment with literally no money to speak of and not much to eat... yet I'm alive. I've got hope for a better tomorrow. I got some EI dosh coming in soon and a potential chum on the horizon (more about MJ later) so things are indeed looking up.

No matter what happens in life I'm going to keep fighting the good fight. I could very well be hit by a bus tomorrow and it would all be over. At that point I can look back and say, yes, there were tough times however there were also good times. More than ever I will do whatever I can to make sure I get the absolute most out of life.