Wednesday, April 22, 2009

it's Earth Day!

I took out the recycling and walked to the grocery store with my reusable bag in hand.  I've got the energy-saver lightbulbs on right now so as not to run up my light bill.  I don't have a car and if I can't get somewhere on my own two feet, I take public transit.  Looks like my carbon footprint isn't really a footprint at all - it's more like a carbon fart.

Back in my high school days everyone was on the 'green' bandwagon.  Then for some reason it fizzled out and as of late, everybody's doing it.  Green is most certainly the new black.  Everyone seems to understand the problem however no one is willing to do anything about it for fear of losing another shade of green.  People, wake up!  If I were Mother Earth, I'd evict all 6 billion of us.  Ever seen the movie WALL-E?  We're going to end up as boneless slobs unless those in the higher tax brackets stop being so damn greedy.

Happy Earth Day, everyone!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOnL5c8LMqM