Sunday, August 3, 2008

gettin' my domestic on

Who knew that keeping house could be so invigorating??!?!  It felt great to scrub the blank out of my bathtub this afternoon.  I was sweating after I was finished!  So I said to myself, Self, why stop there?  Let's continue the endorphin rush!  I swept and mopped and disinfected my entire apartment.  I gotta do this more often!  Listen kids, endorphins are my new drug of choice.  Best of all, it's FREE!

Of course when you're Molly Maid for a day, you get awful hungry.  I spent $1.60 on 4 Parmesan buns which now reduces my net worth to fifteen cents.  Did I ever feel like Jesus when I made a big dirty plate of spaghetti, meatballs & garlic bread for dinner.  I thought about making an apple brown betty for dessert (why do they call it brown betty?  Was betty brown to begin with?) but no, I just didn't feel like it.  What would happen to me if I couldn't cook?  I'd starve.  There's just no other way to put it.

Now that my apartment is so fresh and so clean clean, I can put my feet up, maybe treat myself to a self-administered foot massage and watch football (American, that is).  Yes, you read correctly.  Football - of the NFL persuasion.  I really do like watching it!   In case you were wondering, it's Colts vs. Redskins.  Colts had an onside kickoff and the Redskins scored in 3 plays that took 77 seconds.  Redskins are up by 7 in the 1st quarter.  

If only I had a beer, some hot wings with blue cheese sauce and a pair of balls to scratch.