Thursday, May 7, 2009

I am coruscating Planet Earth

I am on fire, kids.  Not the fires of hell like Aunt Marion thinks is going to be my final resting place.

Turns out Aunt Marion didn't send all of the money via Western Union.  Jesus wouldn't stiff me like that.  I'm shaking my head as I write this as she always purports to be a Christian.  When Jesus was allegedly feeding the masses with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish he didn't say, 'Yo, I'ma keep the 2 fish for myself and y'all can divvy up the rest'... of course not?  How is it that I, a heliolater, can see this immodest behaviour??  No wonder I don't have good relations with my family - I don't have the crackhead gene.  Next time I speak with Aunt Marion and she asks me one more blasted time if I've prayed, she's going to feel the wrath of Athena.  I'm a grown woman.  No one tells me what to do unless they exhibit higher power.

Now I've got this fire in me... deep down in my soul.  It started out as a hot spot that didn't know where to go.  Then slowly it connected with the air and it began to burn.  It's using the past as kindling.  As I move forward and I look deep inside myself, it's like I'm adding another log to the fire.  Being abandoned by my family - drop.  Past employers telling me I'm not good enough - drop.  Finding out who my real friends are - drop.   I've come to a point where the future looks bright and that's because the future is being lit by the fire. My fire... or should I say fi-yah?  Heh heh heh.

I sent off my deposit for my TESL course today.  It's going to give me a tool to see the world.  Talking to my friend Moira who went to Turkey last year to teach English made me see that I too can do the same thing.  Guess what?  I wanna go to Spain!  Que viva Espana!!



Lately I've been thinking about